[B]eretta, the blogger from mspsci.blogspot.com has an amazing series for getting started on the MSP430. He starts right from the basics of his hardware setup to software, your first program, timers and then moves to other modules of the MSP. Each blog post comes bundled with source code and the occasional schematic.
To make things easier for 43oh readers, below is a list of his tutorial series. Thanks [B]eretta, keep them coming!
- Tutorial 01: Getting Started
- Tutorial 02: The MSP430 Township and Registers
- Tutorial 03: Flipping Bits
- Tutorial 04: Stuck in a Loop
- Tutorial 05: Loading the Program
- Tutorial 06: Getting the Bugs Out
- Tutorial 07: Pushing Buttons
- Tutorial 08-a: The Beating Heart (BCS+ Part I)
- Tutorial 08-b: Configuring the DCO
- Tutorial 09: Timers
- Tutorial 10-a: Interrupts
- Tutorial 10-b: Interrupt Examples