Chris’ cousin has a chicken coop and it is a pain to wake up early in the morning to open the coop door and close it at the end of day. Chris took up the challenge to automate the door armed with a 2.1Watt solar panel, relays, a battery and a Launchpad. You can see the block diagram below. The whole system gets its power from a 12V/7Ah accumulator which is charged by the solar panel. The motor is salvaged from a vehicle wiper mechanism and is driven by a homemade h-bridge using the BTS7741G driver. A photo-conductive cell in a voltage divider network acts a brightness sensor. His page details all schematic very well with pictures for each stage. Code and schematic are available at his page.
- [Win] Name a Device With a MSP430 Microcontroller 78 comments
- Take a pic of your Launchpad or MSP430 kit and win a Cap. Touch Booster Pack 57 comments
- An MSP430 based Clock 41 comments
- Confirmed – TI Shipping Launchpad’s With MSP430G2553 and MSP430G2452 36 comments
- A Step by Step Guide To MSP430 Programming under Linux 35 comments