Reduce PCB space by up to 75 percent in sensing and measurement applications with the world’s first microcontroller (MCU) with a configurable low-leakage transimpedance amplifier (TIA). The MSP430FR2311 MCU features the industry’s only integrated TIA with 50pA current leakage, more than 20x lower leakage than alternative voltage and current sensing solutions.
The Launchpad comes with 20 pin BoosterPack pinouts, although 40 pin BoosterPacks should still be able to mount over the it. This Launchpad also comes with a photodiode to demonstrate the transimpedance amplifier capabilities. The MSP-EXP430FR2311 comes with the eZFET emulator with EnergyTrace support for low power debugging.
The below video gives a good introduction on how a transimpedance amplifier is useful in taking measurements.
- MSP430FR231x FRAM microcontroller tool page.
- MSP-EXP430FR2311 tool page.
- Buy the Launchpad for $15.99 from the TI Store.
- Migrate from flash based MSP430F2xx to FRAM based MSP430FR4xx/FR2xx MCUs.
- Discuss the new Launchpad in the 43oh thread “New MSP430FR2311 Launchpad“