Seeed recently posted a cryptic blog post featuring a green board very similar in specifications to the BeagleBone Black.
Here comes our “big brother”, we call it “BBG”, do you know what does it mean?
The silkscreen definitely says something along the lines of “BeagleBone_Green”/”Beaglebone_Grove”. Looking at comments on the Seeed blog post, the new BBG has the following changes/features:
- The BBG does not seem to have the micro HDMI port. The NXP TDA19988 HDMI framer chip seems to be missing. It may be at the back of the board.
- Instead there are two serial buses – one 232R and the other I2C, which connects to the Grove ecosystem.
- The 5v barrel plug has given way to a USB port that says “USB Host” on it.
If you have any more information, let us know below. Seeed may be demonstrating this board at the Bay Area Maker Faire. If you have pictures, contact us and we’ll credit you.
- May 15th, 2015, 9:10AM -Beagleboard.org now has a separate page for the BeagleBone Green: http://beagleboard.org/green. It points to Seeed Studio. No content uploaded yet.
Via: The Seeed Studio Blog.
- You can also discuss the BBG in this 43oh forum thread.
- One other blog picked the BBG up. Look it over here.
- There are reddit threads running over at r/beaglebone and r/electronics.